continue reading If your tooth is damaged but not lost, a crown can be used to restore its shape, appearance and function. You may need a crown if you have a root canal, a large filling in a tooth or a broken tooth.
A crown, also called a cap, is a hollow, artificial tooth used to cover a damaged or decayed tooth. The crown restores the tooth and protects it from further damage. Crowns can also be used to cover a discoloured or misshapen tooth. A tooth that has been fixed with a crown looks and works very much like a natural tooth http://durbinco.com/map.
How a crown is done
- Our specialist gives you a local anaesthetic.
- To make room for the crown, your specialist files down the tooth that needs to be restored.
- An impression of the filed-down tooth and nearby teeth is taken. This impression is used to custom make your final crown. The crown is built using restorative material (material used for fillings) based on the impression. The cost of the standard material, including tooth preparation, lab fee and installing of the crown, is THB 10,000 (approximately AUD 400) per tooth. If you prefer the better quality, the cost is THB 15,000 – 17,000 (approximately AUD 600-680) per tooth. The final crown will be the right shape for your mouth.
- Until your final crown is ready, your specialist places a temporary crown over the tooth that needs to be restored (approx.. 1 week). The temporary crown is made from an impression of your tooth before it was filed down. It protects your tooth until the final crown is ready. A temporary crown may not have the same shape and colour as a final crown.
- On your next visit, your specialist takes off the temporary crown and puts on the final one. Your specialist checks to make sure the crown is the right fit, shape, colour and bite. If it is, your specialist cements the crown into place.
- These are the steps specialists most often follow in making a crown, but your tooth may need special care. You may need orthodontic treatment, gum treatment or root canal treatment. It may take more than 2 visits to your specialist, or your visits may last longer should more work need to be completed.
Cosmetic Procedures in Thailand
Somnio Medical specialises in offering tailor made and affordable cosmetic holiday packages to Thailand, including destinations such as Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui http://castellodimoncrivello.it/map.
Cosmetic surgery procedures that we provide in Thailand include breast augmentations, tummy tucks, facelifts, and much more, and we also cater to those looking for non-invasive cosmetic solutions such as fillers or jet peels, or dental procedures such as whitening, veneers and implants http://blowfishstudios.com/map.
Our cosmetic surgery packages can be tailored to Anytime and Solo travellers, as well as to Group Tours, which are personally escorted hosted tours that depart up to 6 times a year. Save up to 70% on cosmetic, dental and/or anti-aging procedures with Somnio Medical, join our mailing list to stay up to date with our specials! http://drivewayslosangeles.com/map
Wanting a recommendation from one of our specialists or surgeons?