If one or more of your teeth are missing, there are a number of ways to replace them. An alternative to bridges, partials or complete dentures may be dental implants. Implants are used to replace missing roots and support artificial replacement teeth. They are comfortable and look like natural teeth.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is an artificial root made of titanium metal. It is inserted into the jawbone to replace the root of the natural tooth. An artificial replacement tooth is attached to the implant. The implant acts as an anchor to hold the replacement tooth in place.
Who can get dental implants?
If you are in good general health, have healthy gums and have enough bone in the jaw to hold an implant, dental implants might be right for you. If your jawbone has shrunk or if it has not developed normally, you may be able to have a bone graft to build up the bone. A bone graft is a way of adding new bone to your jawbone. Your specialist or dental specialist will tell you if several visits to your dental specialist may be needed until the process is done. You will need to take very good care of your implants.
What else should you know?
Although rare, possible complications due to dental implants include bleeding, infection, numbness or injury to nearby muscles or the sinus cavity. In some cases, the implant may not be successful because it didn’t bond to the bone.
How are implants done?
- Our specialist or specialist will carefully examine your mouth and may take additional x-rays of your head, jaw and teeth to find out if dental implants are right for you.
- During the first stage of surgery, your specialist will put a dental implant into your jawbone beneath the gum tissue. The gum tissue is then stitched back.
into place. As the tissue heals, the implant will bond with the bone and attach to the gum. It can take several months to heal. Therefore 2 trips will most likely be needed.
- During the second stage of surgery and once the tissue is healed, your specialist will attach an abutment to the implant. An abutment is a post that connects the replacement tooth to the implant. In some cases, the first and second stage of implant surgery may be done in one single stage.
- When replacing several teeth or all of your teeth, a fixed bridge is anchored to your dental implants. A bridge is a dental restoration that replaces one.
or more missing teeth by spanning an area that has no teeth. The bridge is held firmly in place by dental implants on each side of the missing tooth or teeth.
- Dental implants are used to replace missing roots and support replacement teeth.
Cosmetic Procedures in Thailand
Somnio Medical specialises in offering tailor made and affordable cosmetic holiday packages to Thailand, including destinations such as Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui.
Cosmetic surgery procedures that we provide in Thailand include breast augmentations, tummy tucks, facelifts, and much more, and we also cater to those looking for non-invasive cosmetic solutions such as fillers or jet peels, or dental procedures such as whitening, veneers and implants.
Our cosmetic surgery packages can be tailored to Anytime and Solo travellers, as well as to Group Tours, which are personally escorted hosted tours that depart up to 6 times a year. Save up to 70% on cosmetic, dental and/or anti-aging procedures with Somnio Medical, join our mailing list to stay up to date with our specials!
Wanting a recommendation from one of our specialists or surgeons?