Since the price of plastic surgery in Australia is becoming more competitive with overseas prices, and for some procedures in particular the price almost being on par, we are seeing a many clients choosing to have surgery here in Australia rather than travel overseas.
However for some people who live in remote areas of Australia or in a city where the price of surgery is still quite high, they may find it benefits them more to travel to another area for their procedures.
So if you have to travel and be away from home…. why not look at talking the family and making a trip out of it.
Here at Somnio we are based on the sunny Gold Coast in Queensland, which is where you will also find our Plastic Surgeon. So we have a lot of clients who travel from all of Australia to have their procedure done here.
Now we are a little bit biased but we think that the Gold Coast is one of the best places to bring the family for a holidays well! And yes we know…. you are having surgery, so it won’t be much of a holiday for yourself but it’s always good to have a people with you for support. And then when you need some quiet time the Gold Coast has plenty to offer to keep the family occupied!
Here are some of the top things we recommend to do with the family while you’re on the Gold Coast
- Gold Coast Theme Parks – If you have adrenaline seekers in your family, then you must get yourselves to the thrill-seeker capital of Australia! The Gold Coast is home to not one, not two, but five large-scale theme parks. The most complicated part is choosing which one to visit first.
- Broadwater Parklands – If your kids need to burn off some steam, look no further than the Broadwater Parklands. With multiple playgrounds (one being the fun-filled Rockpools, a sculptural water haven complete with fountains and vibrant marine-themed equipment), public pool AND a calm-water beach, and the pièce de résistance… a jumping bouncy pillow!
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary – With a history of Australian wildlife preservation reaching back over half a century, the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary could be the best place to be on the Gold Coast with kids, especially for cute and cuddly encounters of the animal kind.
- Mini Golf – Head to Robina and have a go on the new Ice Age Mini Golf Course. With 18 holes each themed to the era of the Ice Age, you’ll learn and have fun at the same time. There’s also a glow-in-the-dark hole, so be sure to bring your A-Game to pot your ball. Its located at the Robina Shopping Centre so once you’re done there are plenty of places to enjoy a meal or do some shopping.
- Have a beach day – Grab your beach towels, slap on the sunscreen, throw your water bottles in a bag and head to any one of the gorgeous beaches on the GC! We reckon one of the most beautiful beaches along the Gold Coast is Burleigh Beach and it’s a wonderful place to visit with the kids. Your kids will be safe swimming in the protected waters of the beach, which isn’t as rough as some of the other beaches around the Gold Coast.
Though it is very sunny here on the Gold Coast, we do get our rainy days as well. If you get stuck with some bad weather here are some great inside activities you might want to check out.
Infinity Attraction – Surfers Paradise
Timezone – Surfers Paradise
Bounce Trampoline Park – Robina
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! – Surfers Paradise
Game Over – Helensvale
Want a free surgical assessment from our Gold Coast surgeon? Click Here