Dr. Thanakom Laisakul
Specialty: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Language: Thai, English
Dr Thanakom is a busy man, yet his patients find that he always has time to show graphics and explain the procedure, technique and pros and cons. His humble and unpretentious personality ensures that his patients feel at ease in his presence and are comfortable asking questions or raising concerns. Dr Thanakom wants his clients to feel comfortable with their choice before consenting to surgery and often his consultations are lengthy. Whilst Dr Thanakom continues to offer plastic surgery on a part time bases in Phuket, he is now available for plastic surgery consultations and surgery in Bangkok.
Dr Thanakom has comprehensive experience. He specializes in breast surgery, body contouring and facial procedures, and his favourite surgical procedures are breast augmentation and breast lifts.
Dr Thanakom is the father of 3 daughters and when not seeing patients and performing plastic surgeries, Dr Thanakom enjoys bird and street photography. Some of his photographs are popular in Thailand. As a lover of art, he finds that plastic surgery is also an outlet for artistry and he eagerly works to ensure that each of his clients are happy with the result of their surgery.
His special interests include
- – Breast surgery
- – Face surgery
- – Body contouring
- Medical School, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, 1988-1994 – M.D.
- Certificate in General Surgery, Songklanakarind Hospital, Songklanakarind University, 1994-1998
- Thai Certified Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, 2000-2002
- General Surgeon, Trang Hospital, 1998-2000
- Head of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Unit, Trang Hospital, 2002-2003
- Plastic Surgeon, Rajavadee Beauty Center, Bangkok Rayong Hospital, 2003-2012
- Plastic Surgeon, Phuket Plastic Surgery Institute 2012-present
- ASEAN Congress of Plastic Surgery, Singapore, 2002
- International Congress of Minimal Invasive Plastic Surgery, Seoul Korea, 2009
- BK Dongyang Korea-China Aesthetic Surgery Symposium, Seoul Korea, 2010
- Melbourne Advanced Facial Anatomy Course, Melbourne, Australia, 2011
- 49th Art of Rhinoplasty Course, San Francisco, USA, 2011
- 1 month visit Zeeba Clinic of Dr.Bahman Guyuron, University Hospital CWR Cleveland, Ohio, USA, 2011
Certification and License
- Medical Licensure: Medical Council of Thailand, 1999, License Number 19982
- Board certification:
- Thai Certified Board of general Surgery, 2000
- Thai Certified Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2003
- The Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand (ThSAPS) 2006