Concerned at the appearance of their inner thighs? Although bulging and sagging of the thighs can occur at all ages, bulging is more common in young women and looseness more common in middle age. Regaining firm, tight skin on the inner thighs with no bulges is not as easy as simply removing the fat by liposculpture. Liposculpture is more appropriate for other body areas, such as the outside thighs or the waist. The skin in these areas is thicker and more elastic so it can more easily accommodate the decrease in volume produced by removing the underlying fat.
The skin on the inside thigh is thinner and looser, and contains less elastin, plus the underlying fat is also softer than on the outside thighs.
The thigh lift works in a way that’s similar to abdominoplasty. Just as performing liposculpture alone on an abdomen that has stretch marks and skin looseness will give a poor result, so liposculpture alone on the inner thigh is likely to produce a poor-looking result in all but very firm and elastic thighs. The answer is to remove not only the fat but also some of the skin responsible for the loose look.
The thigh lift is an operation that takes about two and a half hours and requires a hospital stay of one or two days. The operation is performed under general anaesthetic. Recovery from the surgery takes four to six weeks before return to most physical activities, with maturation and lightening of the incision lines taking about six months.A thigh lift may be helpful if you have the following concerns about the appearance of your legs:
- The skin of the inner upper thighs bulges to meet and rub together in the middle
- This may cause discomfort and chaffing
- The thickness of your thighs is out of proportion with the rest of your legs
- The skin in the upper inner thigh is loose and uneven
- There are folds of skin and fat in the upper thigh
Medical Complications Insurance
Included in ALL procedure packages at NO extra cost!
- 90 day post-surgery Insurance Policy
- Coverage up to 350,000THB (approx. $14,000AUD)
- *Covers corrective Surgery, Accommodation, Flights to Thailand and Meals
- For all of Somnio’s partners – Bangkok Hospital Phuket, Phuket International Hospital (PPSI) and Bangkok Hospital Samui; clientele up to 70 years of age who undergo an elective procedure worth more than 50,000THB (approx. $2000 AUD)
Cosmetic Procedures in Thailand
Somnio Medical specialises in offering tailor made and affordable cosmetic holiday packages to Thailand, including destinations such as Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui.
Cosmetic surgery procedures that we provide in Thailand include breast augmentations, tummy tucks, facelifts, and much more, and we also cater to those looking for non-invasive cosmetic solutions such as fillers or jet peels, or dental procedures such as whitening, veneers and implants.
Our cosmetic surgery packages can be tailored to Anytime and Solo travellers, as well as to Group Tours, which are personally escorted hosted tours that depart up to 6 times a year. Save up to 70% on cosmetic, dental and/or anti-aging procedures with Somnio Medical, join our mailing list to stay up to date with our specials!
Wanting a recommendation from one of our specialists or surgeons?